Helping You to Thrive After a Work Accident
A workplace accident can have a profound impact on your life and that of your family. One moment you are working hard, doing your job, and living your life. In the next moment your future seems uncertain. If you are injured at work, the days and months ahead may seem challenging, confusing, and emotionally draining. Fortunately, if you work in New Jersey, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits to cover the financial aspects of recovering from your injury.
Types of Workplace Accidents
Workplace accidents can happen anywhere, whether on a busy construction site, on the highways, or even in a seemingly “safe” environment, like an office. Common types of workplace accidents include:
- Building collapse – The crushing weight of a building collapse can cause a wide range of injuries, such as head injuries, fractures, and internal injuries – many of which can be fatal.
- Construction accidents – Construction sites are among the most common locations for workplace injuries. In many cases, injured construction workers may be entitled to additional compensation through a third-party claim.
- Crane accidents – These types of preventable accidents are frequently caused by a failure to adhere to safety protocol.
- Electrocution – Accidents related to electrical hazards can be extremely severe, sometimes resulting in death.
- Falls from heights – This type of fall can occur when scaffolding collapses, when someone falls off a roof, down a staircase, or off a ladder and may result in paralysis or even death.
- Forklift accidents – This type of accident can result in a wide range of serious injuries for both drivers and bystanders.
- Heavy equipment accidents – Working with or around heavy equipment can be perilous if proper safety measures are not taken.
- Machinery defects or malfunctions – When a machine malfunctions due to a design or manufacturing defect, it can be the source of severe injuries, including those related to machine entanglement.
- Motor vehicle accidents – If you drive for a living, are driving for a work activity, or if you are a passenger in either scenario and an accident happens, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
- Slip and fall – A work space that is cluttered with debris, slippery floors, and more may be the cause of a serious slip and fall injury.
- Struck against accident – When a worker is pushed into a stationary object, such as a wall or piece of equipment, the injuries can be catastrophic.
- Struck by accident – This happens when something heavy falls from a higher level. These accidents are common on construction sites, in big box stores and large home supply stores.
- Toxic exposure – Anyone who works with or around chemicals must be properly trained on how to reduce risk of exposure. Occupational exposure to toxic chemicals can result in short- and long-term health problems.
- Workplace violence – Any injury that happens on the job, including those resulting from an act of violence, are generally compensable under New Jersey workers’ compensation law.
South Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at Pietras Saracino Smith & Meeks LLP Help Workers Recover Compensation After a Workplace Accident
If you have been injured in a work-related accident, we can help you recover the maximum compensation possible for your injury. To learn more about Pietras Saracino Smith & Meeks LLP, call 856-761-3773 today to arrange a free consultation with an experienced South Jersey workers’ compensation lawyer or contact us online. Our office is centrally located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, and we serve clients throughout Camden County, Burlington County, and Gloucester County.